Spoiler Alert! Be sure to watch "Still" before reminiscing with us below.
In the emotional reflective episode "Still," Castle distracts Beckett by commenting on their relationship's history. Here's a look back on some of the finer details they didn't quite agree on... and, of course, the most important thing they do agree on--these two are in love.
- The Big Question: Did Beckett fall for Castle from the start?
Castle insists that Beckett fell for him right away. She denies these claims, insisting the opposite would be closer to the truth. This remains unsorted and it seems it shouldn't matter being as they can agree to being in love now... but we're still curious! What do you think?
- How could Beckett have not had feelings for this ruggedly handsome writer?
Ok fine, these two didn't scream compatibility on day one. Or day two...
- How could the spirit of Castle's pursuit not be dashed by Beckett's "inappropriate" treatment of him? (His words, not ours!)
Oh yeah, because he was nonetheless convinced she was actually, secretly totally into him.
- No one is arguing on this one--Castle may have also been a little inappropriate, too.
On many levels.
- With all of this inappropriate behavior and public banter, it was only a matter of time before everyone saw the Caskett chemistry.
Everyone at the 12th Precinct was rooting for Castle and Beckett to finally get together.
- Why has Castle kept following Beckett around all these years? From the start Castle has had a ton of fun "playing cop" alongside Beckett.
We think Beckett was having a lot of fun, too.
- These two have definitely been through a lot... close calls of incredibly serious nature and others that no one could take seriously.
To Castle's credit, we did later learn that the laser gun below was actually dangerous.
- By using stories to solve cases, Castle and Beckett have really proven to be compatible after all.
Castle is usually wildly speculating and Beckett on the other end of things reeling him in, but they always solve who the killer is.
- In Beckett's final moments in "Still," she thinks about everything most serious in her life. Her calling to be a cop, her mother's murder, the time she almost died, and the decision she made to be with Castle.
This is one of the most moving moments in the history of Caskett--Beckett says, "Rick, I love you." This is the first time we've ever heard her express her feelings this way.
- Thank goodness, Castle and Beckett survive this episode.
Things are just beginning for these two and we're happy to end the evening looking back on the best kisses they've shared over the past 5 seasons.
Want more? Watch these two fall in love all over again in the video Becoming Caskett.