New Dance Styles (selected via Twitter voting):
Week 9 Highlights
• On the eve of the series' 300th episode, the five remaining couples compete for a spot in the finals. The second round of dancing for the night involves a new style of dance (some never previously performed by the pros!) selected via Twitter voting.
• Andy Dick
was cheering from the audience in a suit and tie and, strangely, no pants.
• Kellie and Derek's
Argentine tango wows the judges, earning them a 30
-- their first perfect score of the season.
• Underdog Ingo
earned notice for what Carrie Ann called his "fervent hip rolls," but his gesticulations were only able to earn him and Kym a 24
• The second perfect 30
of the night goes to Alexandra
(her first perfect score of the season), who was praised for her growth and maturity as a dancer.
Argentine tango blows away the judges with its mood and intensity. It flusters Carrie Ann so much that Jacoby gives her a kiss to comfort her. The dance results in his first perfect 30
of the season and the third perfect score of the night.
• Starting their routine in go-carts, Zendaya and Valentin
dance a fast and furious quickstep but their score stalls with the judges, earning them a 25
• It's clear that Twitter fans wanted Team Kellie to perform the flamenco, but what was less clear was Bruno's score. After he accidentally holds up a 10 paddle, he scores Kellie with a 9, resulting in a total of 28
for her flamenco.
• Ingo's Charleston captures the essence of the roaring '20s and the judges give him his highest score of the season -- a 27
• Team Alexandra performs the first-ever afro jazz dance of the series, earning two 10s and a 9 (from Len) for a 29
• Carrie Ann dubs Jacoby the "#1 Entertainer of Season 16" and his lindy hop earns him a 29
• With Zendaya playing to her strengths (and Kobe Bryant revealed as her supporter), Valentin finds himself out of his comfort zone. Regardless, the pair performs a flawless hip hop dance to earn their second perfect 30
of the season.