Week 6 Highlights
• The show opens with the cast dancing to the DKS remix "Sing with a Swing" in a jazzy routine complete with light sticks and choreography by Benji and Lacey Schwimmer (she calls host Tom Bergeron her favorite "old fart").
• After their regular dances, the teams are set to take part in the first-ever “Switch-Up Challenge," two rounds of surprise, improvisational side-by-side dancing. One by one, the judges will select couples to be tapped-out/removed from the dance floor. Extra judges' points will be awarded to couples based on longevity.
• Bill Engvall dances what he calls a "redneck tango" with Emma Slater set to to a cover of Jimmy Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise" (or, "Beefburger in Paradise" as Emma calls it), and the vacation-themed routine earns the team a 23 from the judges.
• Elizabeth Berkley Lauren and Val Chmerkovskiy land the season's first perfect score of 30 for their amazing Cha Cha!
• With Jennifer Lopez giving guidance during their rehearsals, Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani pull off what Carrie Ann Inaba calls the "biggest turnaround" she's seen. Bruno Tonioli compares Leah to Ginger Rogers, and, fittingly, the judges give them high scores: 9s across the board for a 27 total and Team Leah's highest score so far.
• Labeled a perfect Ken doll by Carrie Ann, Brant Daugherty and his partner Peta Murgatroyd rack up their highest score so far -- a 28 (including a 10 from Len Goodman!) for their Tango.
• Tom asks if Derek Hough committed the ultimate sin of beating Len at golf since the judge is so hard on the pro. Len's criticism of Derek and Amber Riley doesn't stop, when he gives them an 8, while Carrie Ann and Bruno praise them with 10s for their Samba.
• Dancing a toreador-themed Paso Doble in front of a flaming backdrop, Jack Osbourne struts out his fiercest moves (thanks to some intensity coaching from Val) with Cheryl Burke. Bruno notes their timing was off a bit (they were "chasing the music"), and the pair earns a 25 from the judges.
• Dressed in yellow for a Foxtrot in the park, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Sasha Farber score straight 9s for the second week in a row to land another 27.
• CGI dragons take wing at the beginning of Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff's Viennese Waltz set to the theme song from Game of Thrones (Corbin's current favorite TV show) as his High School Musical costar Ashley Tisdale cheers on their dramatic routine. Their dance falls short of being an epic conquest as they land their lowest score so far with a 23 total.
• After the regular dances, MIKA performs his hit "Popular Song" (an update of "Popular" from the musical Wicked) with Ariana Grande live.
• The first part of the Switch-Up Challenge pits Corbin and Karina; Bill and Emma; Jack and Cheryl; and Nicole "Snooki" and Sasha against one another as they dance a hodgepodge of styles set to music from everything from Nelly to "The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" to Marvin Gaye. Corbin and Karina last the longest, so they rack up the max of 4 additional points.
• The second part of the Switch-Up Challenge sends Leah and Tony; Elizabeth and Val; Brant and Peta; and Amber and Derek dancing to everything from LMFAO to "Blue Danube" by Johann Strauss II. Amber and Derek outdance and outlast the other teams to score the max of 4 additional points.
• No team is eliminated! Because of an on-air mistake during the previous week's east coast broadcast, no team is being eliminated, so all eight remaining teams will return for Week 7.
• The first round of The Switch-Up Challenge pits Corbin and Karina; Bill and Emma; Jack and Cheryl; and Nicole "Snooki" and Sasha against one another as they dance a hodgepodge of styles set to music from everything from