Week 7 Highlights
• The competition is split into two rounds. In the first round, each couple will take on a dance style they have not previously performed including the Salsa, Quickstep, Samba, Cha Cha, Paso Doble, and Jive. In the second round, the cast will dance together in two separate teams, with each couple having a featured solo.
• Tom Bergeron reveals that superstar Cher will be sitting in for Len Goodman as a guest judge in the next episode (airing MONDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2013 8|7c)!
• Elizabeth Berkley Lauren (decked out in a pink dress) and Val Chmerkovskiy (dressed as a nerd in matching pink sneakers), performed a B-movie themed saucer attack Quickstep that Len praises as "U.F.O." -- "Utterly Full-On." The routine earns them a stellar score of three 9s for a 27 total.
• In another 1950s-themed routine, Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd end their Jive set to "Tutti Frutti" with them smushing ice cream into each other's face! Their enthusiastic dance lands them a triple scoop of 9s for a 27 total.
• Despite injuring her ribs, Leah Remini perseveres and dances the Salsa with Tony Dovolani (who insists that Leah always perseveres). Her dedication helps her team earn two 9s (and an 8 from Len) for a 26 total.
• Totally fatigued during rehearsals, Jack Osbourne performs an energetic Jive with Cheryl Burke to earn their first-ever 10 (from Carrie Ann Inaba)! The other judges vary in scoring, so the team ends up with a 27 total to tie their Week 5 performance as their highest score of the season so far.
• Amber Riley and Derek Hough impress the judges with their passionate Paso Doble. "You slayed the beast again!" hails Carrie Ann. Bruno Tonioli compares their dance to a vintage wine that boasts depth, flavor and color, but he gives them a mere 9 while Carrie Ann and Len hand out 10s for a 29 total.
• Bill Engvall and Emma Slater perform a Vegas-themed Quickstep (Bill brought Emma to one his Vegas stand-up shows during rehearsals). Carrie Ann praises Bill's perfect steps but notes that his holds weren't as strong. Though Len would give them a 10 if he could judge with his heart, the team ends up getting a 23 total.
• Hoping to channel her "inner Beyonce," Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi does the Samba with Sasha Farber. She compares her performance to a turtle, but the judges disagree by giving out three 9s for a fast-paced dance worthy of a 27 total.
• Dancing to NONONO's hit "Pumpin Blood," Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff pull off what Carrie Ann dubs the tightest Cha Cha she's seen. The pair scores 10s from Carrie Ann and Bruno (and a 9 from Len) to tie Amber and Derek for the highest score of the night with a 29.
• For the team challenge, Team "Spooky Bom Bom" (Nicole "Snooki" & Sasha; Elizabeth & Val; Leah & Tony; and Bill & Emma) perform a Halloween-inspired routine with Bill as a cemetery caretaker who finds himself dancing with his teammates who are zombies. Carrie Ann gives props to Bill for "being the glue" that held the dances together. The judges award the "ghoulish extravaganza" three 9s for a total of 27, which will be added to each team's individual score.
• Derek Hough has never lost a team dance, so Team "Foxing Awesome" (Amber & Derek; Brant & Peta; Corbin & Karina; and Jack & Cheryl) hopes he can choreograph them to victory for their dance set to the Ylvis song, "The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?"). After a kooky routine with the dancers dressed in fox costumes (Carrie Ann likened the performance to an acid trip), Derek manages to maintain his team winning streak as Team "Foxing Awesome" scores a perfect 30 from the judges.
• Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Sasha Farber are eliminated after their Team "Spooky Bom Bom" score isn't able to save them. "Why am I leaving a zombie?!?" she pleads.