Week 9 Highlights
• This week marks trio night, when the remaining six couples take on a new challenge and dance with an eliminated pro or troupe member joining them as part of dynamic trio.
• Derek Hough starts his Quickstep with Amber Riley by playing the drums. Carrie Ann Inaba points out that Amber set such a high standard for herself at the beginning of the season, that she's made it difficult for herself to maintain high scores. The judges seem to be in agreement when they award them all 8s for a 24 total.
• Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani's performance is hailed by Bruno Tonioli as a "bad ass proper tango." Accordingly, they earn 9s from all judges for a 27.
• After their low-scoring Viennese Waltz set to the Game of Thrones theme song in Week 6, Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff attempt to redeem themselves with another waltz. Their "enchanting" Slow Waltz goes on to score them a 10 from Bruno along with 9s from the other judges for a total of 28.
• Rehearsing during his 28th birthday, Jack Osbourne receives a "Best Partner Ever" trophy from Cheryl Burke. They earn their highest score ever by snagging two 10s (from Carrie Ann and Len Goodman) and a 9 from Bruno for a Round 1 high score of 29.
• Bill Engvall and Emma Slater's fun Charleston has Len criticizing Bill's performance as "wooden" and having "no swivel." The other judges agree and give them straight 7s for the Round 1 low score of 21 total.
• Elizabeth Berkley Lauren and Valentin Chmerkovskiy are praised by Bruno for their "haunted" and "tormented" Viennese Waltz that had some contemporary touches. Bruno and Carrie Ann both give them 9s while Len hands out an 8 for a total of 26.
• Reigning champion Kellie Pickler returns to the show to talk about her new album, The Woman I Am, and Tom Bergeron reveals that she'll be performing in the finale.
• For the trio dances, Amber and Derek partner with Mark Ballas. Carrie Ann praises them as the "dream team" and they earn straight 9s for a 27 total.
• Partnering with Henry Byalikov, Leah and Tony start their rebellious Jive (set to Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It") by impersonating the three judges giving scores at their table. The "witty" dance routine (as Bruno calls it) scores the team three 9s for a 27 total.
• Since Witney Carson is excels in Jazz, Karina chooses that dance style for Corbin's trio dance. Len said he expected fireworks but he saw none... because Corbin came out and exploded! The team earns a perfect 30!
• Because she has a similiar personality as her, Cheryl selects Sharna Burgess as the trio partner for Jack. They dance the Samba to "I Wanna Be Like You" (from Walt Disney's The Jungle Book), which includes the ladies playing bongos on Jack's rear! The trio scores a 25.
• Bill and Emma's trio dance with Peta Murgatroyd is choreographed with a Willy Wonka theme. A baffled Carrie Ann called it "so weird" and couldn't find the rhythm in it all. Bill gets three 7s again for a 21 total.
• Put in an "Eastern European Salsa sandwich," Elizabeth performs her trio dance with Gleb Savchenko and Val (former partner Zendaya was in the audience cheering him on). The judges praise it as Elizabeth's best dance ever, and the team scores the second perfect 30 of the night!
• Elizabeth and Val are eliminated.