Week 10 Highlights
• Maksim Chmerkovskiy returns to the ballroom for the Semifinals, and for the first time participates as a guest judge.
• The episode also marks the show's first-ever Plugged/Unplugged Night. Each couple will dance to the original "plugged" version of a song and then perform a second dance to the acoustic "unplugged" version of the song.
• Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani perform a "clean" and "neat" Paso Doble, and for his first judgment, Maks wishes their performance was more emotional. The judges all score them with an 8 for a total of 32 from all four judges.
• Dancing a Tango with "fury" and "the power of an exploding volcano" to Fall Out Boy's "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)," Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff are criticized by Len Goodman for performing with a "full-on attack." Len hands out an 8, while the other judges award 9s for a grand total of 35.
• For his Jazz dance with Cheryl Burke set to "Roxanne" by The Police, Jack Osbourne brings mother Sharon to tears and sister Kelly cheering. Maks loves the dance, too, awarding them a 9 while the other judges score them with 8s for a 33 total.
• Dubbed the "people's champion" by Len, Bill Engvall is praised for his hard work and joy by all of the judges. His technical missteps with Emma Slater, though, result in 7s across the board for a 28 from the judges.
• Amber Riley's knees have been feeling better (her doctor reassured her there's no risk of permanent damage), and Derek Hough choreographs a clever number (Maks likens it to Bob Fosse) that has them seated behind a table for some of the dance to save her knees. Carrie Ann Inaba compares the intricate routine to an instance of "if Einstein could dance." The team scores 10s from all the judges except Maks (he gives them a 9) for a total of 39.
• With a cello sequined on the back of her dress, Leah gets "played" by Tony at the beginning of their unplugged Argentine Tango set to a string arrangement of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance." Bruno Tonioli awards them with a 9 and the other judges give them 8s (reluctant to agree with the others, Maks insists he's giving a "different 8") for a 33 total.
• For Corbin and Karina's unplugged Rumba, guest artist Kerli performs a cover of the Fall Out Boy song the couple danced to earlier. All four judges give them a 10 for the first perfect 40 of the season.
• Performing an Argentine Tango with "passion" and "precision," Jack and Cheryl rake in two 10s from the judges (Carrie Ann and Bruno Tonioli) along with two 9s for a total of 38 in the unplugged round.
• YouTube sensation Noah Guthrie performs his cover of LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It" as Bill E. and Emma perform the Argentine Tango for the unplugged round. The team receives 8s from all the judges for a total of 32.
• Kerli performs a cover of the Bruno Mars hit "Locked Out of Heaven" as Amber dances "like an angel," according to Bruno. Her Viennese Waltz with Derek earns them the second perfect 40 of the night.
• Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani are eliminated.