Dancing wth the Stars switch up night is always an exciting evening in the ballroom as the new partnerships can really shake up the competition. Just when Season 21's celebrities were getting in the groove with their current partners, the switch up will not only challenge the stars, but it will potentially have a big effect on where the remaining nine contenders stand on the leaderboard. Each couple will dance to a different style of dance, including the Jive, Cha Cha and Tango. Celebrities will perform one routine with their “switch up” partner and return to their original dance partners the following week. Former DWTS pro and Season 18 champion Maks Chmerkovskiy will return to the bathroom in Week 5. This time to take a seat at the judge's table alongside Julianne Hough, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli to weigh in on the new pairs.
The official switch up partnerships are as follows:
- Bindi Irwin and Val Chmerkovskiy - Cha Cha
- Alexa PenaVega and Derek Hough - Tango
- Tamar Braxton and Louis van Amstel - Samba
- Paula Deen and Mark Ballas - Jive
- Carlos PenaVega and Lindsay Arnold - Quickstep
- Alek Skarlatos and Emma Slater - Rumba
- Hayes Grier and Allison Holker - Viennese Waltz
- Andy Grammer and Sharna Burgess - Argentine Tango
- Nick Carter and Witney Carson - Paso Doble
Bindi's emotional tribute to her father "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin is still weighing heavily on our hearts and minds after Most Memorable Year week, but will she be able to keep her top scoring spot with Val instead of Derek by her side?
WATCH: Bindi Irwin and Derek Hough's moving Contemporary dance
Tune in to Dancing With the Stars MONDAY OCT 12 8|7c to see how the celebrities handle their biggest challenge to date in the switch up.