Nature calls as Ty and the team head off to Louisville to help the outdoors-loving Lampe family.
Jeff Lampe runs his own tree service. The guy has survived several serious injuries over the years to keep the struggling business afloat in order to support his wife, Shelley, and their six kids. Jeff turned his garage into a wrestling area for his sons and their friends. So helping this family would also be something that benefits the entire community. That's all the Extreme team needs to hear!
The Lampe family is surprised during a movie matinee when mixed martial arts champ Randy Couture appears on the big screen to tell Jeff that his life is about to change. They always tell you to turn off your cell phones at the movies, but no one ever says anything about a bullhorn! Guess that's why no one seems to mind when Ty, Paul, Paige and Ed storm into the theater to surprise the family. It's show time!
The tiny Lampe house is hampered by water damage. The barn out back is falling apart. The wrestling gym could also use some work. Ty and the team literally take down the house with a lumberjack demolition led by Ax Men star Gabe Rygaard. TIMBER!
Ty says the new home will have the feel of a rustic retreat both indoors and out. Paul goes to work on the new collegiate-style wrestling gym so the boys can try out some of the moves they learn from wrestling legend Dan Gable while on vacation in Florida.
Back in Kentucky, Ty instructs the team to construct a brand new tree house. Make that an Extreme Tree House! Ed enlists some help from Survivorman Les Stroud for an outdoorsy room for Justin and Dominic. Paige is working on learning-friendly playhouse for four-year-old Angela, who has Down syndrome. Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle stops by. He's impressed by Pauley's progress on the wrestling gym. Should be a nice place to practice pile-drivers. Eventually, the family returns home and it's time to MOVE THAT BUS!
Here's a breakdown of the new place:
• The foundation of the beautiful new home has been moved to a place where water won't hit it any longer. Bills won't hit the home either, as builders Joe and Rocky Pusateri tell the Lampe family that their mortgage is now paid in full.
• The sprawling log cabin-like indoors features a wall-sized picture of the Lampe clan. And there's a real family tree smack dab in the middle of the living room.
• Paige set up two incredible nest-like beds in the older girls' bedroom.
• John's room is filled with wall-to-wall wrestling memorabilia.
• Angela's room is extremely functional and extremely fun. There are just so many toys. The pretend kitchen area is perfect for the development of a child with Down syndrome.
• Justin and Dominic's lodge room comes complete with moose antlers and rocks on the wall. The compass and other endurance equipment make this a place where the boys will survive and thrive.
• Ty went to town on the nature-themed master bedroom with an amazing wood display over the bed.
• The office used to be in the bedroom. Not anymore! Ty designed a new sign and logo that adorns the wall of the beautiful new office. Paige steps into the room to announce that CVS has set up a medical fund for up to $50,000 to help pay for expenses for Jeff's on-the-job injuries.
• The bridge leading to the enormous tree house out back is incredible. There's even a bed and a comfy princess chair for six-year-old Maria.
• The boys can't wait to his the mats on the state-of-the-art wrestling gym. They're not the only ones. A whole slow of fellow wrestlers hit the gym for the first of what we're sure will be many great workouts.
Thanks to the Extreme Team, this family will no longer have to wrestle with the prospect of an uncertain future. Guess there's just one thing left to say. Welcome home, Lampe family! Welcome home.