Paige's Bicycle Coat Rack
- Metal cutting saw
- 24" Bicycle Tire
- 6' 2" black iron pipe
- Old bicycle
- 3/8" steel rod
- Satin clear coat (spray)
- Weld the black iron pipe to the center hub of the bicycle tire. Make sure that it is 90 degrees from the ground.
- Take the bicycle apart. Grind and clean all bicycle parts. The top portion of the coat rack is made with handle bars. Weld or bolt the handle bars to the top of the pipe, about five and a half feet from the floor.
- Decide what parts you want to attach to the main shaft of the rack. We used the bike body and lower handle bar assembly. Bolt or weld the parts to the pipe.
- Make sure the pipe is ridged with the base. If needed, make forty five degree supports out of the 3/8" rod. They are attached about two feet above the floor on the pipe. The bottoms of the supports attach to the rim of the tire base.
- Add any extra parts that you would like along the body of the coat rack.
- Once assembled, the whole rack should be sprayed with a satin clear coat.