2 cups sea salt
12 Ibs. crawfish, live
4 lemons, sliced in half
12 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup Old Bay seasoning
4 Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced in half
4 ears corn, husked, broken in half
Sibs. bag ice
2 Tbsp. lite mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. ketchup
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. no trans fat margarine, melted
1/4 cup cocktail sauce
1. In a large pot, combine 2 gallons of cold water and 2 cups salt. Place live crawfish
in pot to soak.
2. While crawfish are soaking, fill another large pot with water and add lemon, garlic
and Old Bay seasoning. Stir to combine, and bring water and seasonings to a boil
3. Once seasoned water is boiling, drain and rinse crawfish from salt water. Discard
any remaining salt water.
4. Place crawfish, potatoes and corn into boiling water. Let boil for 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove potatoes and corn from pot, set aside. Add bag of ice to crawfish and allow
to stand in ice water for 10 minutes.
6. While crawfish are cooling, prepare dipping sauces. Mix lite mayo and ketchup
together in a small bowl. To make lemon butter, stir fresh lemon juice and melted
margarine in another small bowl. Serve 1/4 cup cocktail sauce as the third dipping
7. Drain crawfish and place on a platter with potatoes and corn. Garnish with three
Calories per serving: 360
Calorie equivalent: 6 oz. protein, 1 carbohydrate, 1 fat