4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup cornflake crumbs
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
Olive oil spray
1/2 cup catsup
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut each chicken breast into four strips.
3. Spray olive oil on 9x13 baking dish.
4. Mix honey and mustard together in small bowl. Microwave to melt honey.
5. Place cornflake crumbs, salt, pepper and pecans in bowl, mix well.
6. Dip each chicken strip in honey-Dijon mixture; shake off excess cornflake-nut mixture.
7. Place in baking dish, spray chicken strips with olive oil spray.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, until crisp.
9. While chicken is baking, heat catsup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce in a small sauce pan until just boiling and sauce is thickened.
10. Serve chicken with 2 Tbsp. dipping sauce per serving.
Calories per serving: 350
Calorie equivalents: 4 oz. protein, 1 carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
Recipe courtesy of California Health & Longevity Institute