2 lb. green beans, washed and trimmed into bite size pieces
2 Tbsp. pine nuts or slivered almonds
1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
Fresh black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cover 2 baking sheets with foil or parchment.
3. Place green beans in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Spread green beans out on baking sheets in single layer, do not crowd.
5. Roast in oven for 10 minutes
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with pine nuts or slivered almonds, return to oven for another 5-7 minutes until just golden.
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon
Add juice and zest of 1 lemon to bowl with olive oil, and seasonings. Roast for 20 minutes until golden.
Roasted Carrots with Cumin:
Add 2 tsp. ground cumin and 2 Tbsp. water with olive oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes until carrots are golden and tender.
Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Parmesan:
Add 2 tsp. chopped garlic with olive oil and seasonings. Roast for 20-25 minutes until golden and tender. Remove from oven and toss with 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese.
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan:
Same as cauliflower
Calories per serving: 60-100
Calorie equivalent: 2-3 vegetable servings
Recipe courtesy of California Health & Longevity Institute
Here is another green bean recipe from The Chew
Daphne Oz's Green Beans with Almonds