12 oz. spaghetti
2 cups broccoli florets
3 pieces turkey bacon
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
1 1/2 cups fat free half-and-half
2 egg yolks
2 cups cooked chicken, coarsely shredded
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
Pinch of chili flakes
1/2 tsp. sea salt and fresh pepper
1. Microwave broccoli for 3 minutes, until just tender. Set aside.
2. Microwave turkey bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel until crisp, 2-3 minutes. Crumble and set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
4. Beat egg yolks into half-and-half in small bowl. Set aside.
5. In pasta pot over medium-low heat, add olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Saute for 1 minute.
6. Add bacon, chicken, cooked pasta, broccoli florets, basil, parsley, salt and pepper, walnuts and lemon zest, mix well.
7. Add half-and-half/egg mixture and Parmesan cheese, toss well and heat through for 2 minutes. Serve.
Calories per serving: 510
Calorie equivalent: 4 oz. protein, 2 carbohydrates, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Recipe courtesy of California Health & Longevity Institute