The relationship between Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) and Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey) on Grey's Anatomy will go down as one of the most epic love stories ever. A marriage that started with a one-night stand and was sealed via a Post-It note will never be forgotten. Let's take a look back at our 5 Most Memorable Mer-Der Moments Ever. Did your favorite make the list?
5) The Perfect Proposal: When Derek decided to ask Meredith to marry him, he chose the perfect place: the hospital elevator, decorated with X-rays from the cases that helped him fall in love with her. "If there’s a crisis, you don’t freeze," he said. "You’ve seen worse. You’ve survived worse and you know we’ll survive too." Swoon!
4) How It All Began: It was obvious from the beginning — a naked morning-after at Meredith's house where they awkwardly exchanged names — that these two were really into each other. They just never expected it to go anywhere. Or, honestly, to see each other again. Good thing Meredith's handsome one-night stand turned out to be her boss.
3) Pick Me, Choose Me, Love Me: Meredith put it all on the line in this unforgettable, heartfelt speech. Not only did Mer tell Derek that she loved him in a big, scary way, but she begged him to choose her over the wife who cheated. How could we not include it on this list?!
2) The Candle House: In one of the most romantic gestures in the history of Mer-Der, the usually dark and twisty Meredith surprised Derek with hundreds of candles lighting up the outline of the house they were going to build together. "I don’t know if I trust you," she told him. "But I’m going to try because I believe we can be extraordinary together rather than ordinary apart." Extraordinary indeed, Meredith.
1) Post-It Note Wedding: Nothing about these two has ever been conventional, so we never really expected a fancy church wedding. When their umpteenth attempt to run to city hall and get married failed, Derek improvised. There wasn't even a piece of paper, just the Post-Its in Meredith's pocket and that's what they wrote their vows on. They made it stick.
Watch all-new episodes of Grey's Anatomy THURSDAYS 8|7c!
MORE GREY'S ANATOMY VIDEOS