Normally Clinton is the master of crafting, but for the special Freaky Friday episode, The Chew decided to switch things up. Thus…MARIO’S Craft corner.
For its inaugural segment, Mario’s Craft Corner tackled the world of tic-tac towels. Here’s how to turn your towel into a giant version of tic-tac-toe – perfect for a day at the beach, the pool or the backyard.
1. Take a 30x70 inch COTTON beach towel and lay it flat on an iron safe surface.
2. Take grosgrain ribbon of your choice, measure it and cut four 24 inch strips.
3. Take slightly thinner hem tape, measure and cut four 24 inch strips.
4. Using a ruler or measuring tape, find the towel’s center and arrange your tic tac towel board around the center point, leaving enough room on either end of the towel for children to comfortably sit.
5. Place hem tape strips below centered grosgrain ribbon strips and cover with a damp towel.
6. Place an iron on the covered towel set to a steam setting. Steam ribbon, one section at a time, without sliding the iron back and forth. Simply place, steam, lift and repeat as you move down the covered game board design.
7. Remove towel and allow to dry. Roll up and enjoy a day at the beach!