More to Chew On: Last Bites From Around the Country

By The Chew Crew Sep 28, 2012

Here at The Chew we know that times are tough.  So, today we’re going to show you some easy ways to make one meal into two.  This inspired us and we looked for other two for one deals.  Check out some of the ones we found.

2 for 1 Gadgets

These days two for one gadgets are all the rage.  Why buy an item with just one function when you can buy an item that has two? Here are some of our favorites.

Pen and Silverware!

Did you ever wish you had a pen while you were eating?  If so, than this gadget is just the thing for you. The Din-Ink is a pen with a removable cap that can double as a fork, spoon or knife!  Plus, it only costs $8.00 for a set of three.

Get it here.

Drink and Eat with Just One Hand!

The worst part of a cocktail party is balancing the hors d’oeuvres and the cocktails. Usually, you just have to pick one.  Now these plates fit perfectly into your wine glass so you can mingle comfortably.   It costs $24.95 for a set of four.

Get it here.

Edible Body Shimmer

Taste as good as you look with this edible shimmering body power.  This fun powder comes in three different flavors: cocoa bronze, marshmallow gold and candy pink.  It costs $24 for one.

Get it here.

2 fo1 Food News

One way to make a single dinner last for two nights is to serve leftovers.  According to a survey by the American Diabetic Association, nine out of ten Americans eat leftovers at least once a week.  The same study said that 90% of people reheat their leftovers before eating them and the other 10% prefer them cold.  How do you take your leftovers?

In other food news a Pittsburgh ice cream shop now doubles as a bank!  Angry at his bank for taking too big a scoop in overdraft fees, one Pittsburgh ice cream shop owner decided to set up his own flavor of a community bank with interest on deposits paid out in ice cream.  The Pennsylvania Department of Banking says they want Ethan Clay to shut down the community bank he's set up at Oh Yeah! ice cream and coffee shop.  So far he's taken in around $660 in deposits, mostly from regular customers.  Clay says he was motivated by unpleasant bank experiences to provide a simplified community bank that offers savings accounts, check-cashing and loans.  What’s your take?