Deck your halls with boughs of holly, your chandeliers with bouquets of mistletoe, and your ceiling with Christmas ornaments? Sylvia Pope, 69, a grandmother in Wales, does just this, decorating her ceiling with 1,764 Christmas ornaments that she hangs individually at the start of the holiday season. Pope’s tradition of ceiling decorating has taken place for the last 12 years. Attending a holiday party with her son in 1999, Pope admired the host’s unique style to display her ornaments from the ceiling, and Pope, thus, began collecting enough ornaments to decorate her own ceiling the following year. What do you think of Pope’s decorations? Are they over the top or impressive?
If Pope’s decorating ideas aren’t quite up your alley, then, here are a few ideas for holiday decorations both for the traditional and unique home decorators:
1. Wrap garland around your stair banister, weaving colorful bows throughout the arrangement
2. Arrange nutcrackers along the mantle of your fireplace
3. Recreate Clinton's Yarn Wreath Ball
4. Collect pinecones and display them in a bowl with clementines
5. String your child’s snowflake cutouts together and display them on your front door