There is nothing like sinking your teeth into a juicy burger where all the components come together flawlessly. Check out these burger tips to cook the perfect patty every time.
1. Think of your meat. While you may be inclined to stick with lean meat, fat creates flavor and ensures a juicy, tender burger.
2. Grilling temperature is key. Place your burger on a HOT grill to achieve a perfect sear on both sides.
2. Once your burger is on the grill, do NOT move it around until it is ready to flip.
3. Buns are meant to be toasted.
4. Respect the burger to bun ratio. Too much bread swallows your patty, while too little simply won't cut it. So whether you prefer rye bread or a potato roll, choose your bread wisely so that each bite contains both bun and meat.
5. Aggressively season the exterior of your burger. Skip seasoning the raw meat and save the seasoning for the cooked patty to yield a more flavorful burger.
6. Craving a cheese burger? Cover the bottom of your burger with your choice of cheese, and add your toppings to the other side to avoid a serious burger construction issue.
7. Pair your burger with a creative side. Rethink that classic burger and fry combo and spring for a Sicilian fry like Mario's Chickpea Fries. Chickpea fritters are formed into bricks made of grated zucchini that's been heavily whisked with chickpea flour. Bonus: chickpea flour is a gluten-free option for any dinner guests avoiding gluten. Fry these vegetable bricks and sprinkle with salt for an outrageous burger pairing!