One of the best things about crafting is turning trash into treasure like these beautiful luminaries to brighten up your table. All you need is some leftover coffee or soup tin cans! Votive Candle HolderWhat You Need
IceHow to Make It:
1. Trace the pattern.
-Trace pattern or shape onto tracing paper that you’ve measured and cut to fit the outside of your can
-You can also freehand your own design.
2. Fill can with water and freeze.
-Remove the label from your tin can.
-Fill it with water and freeze overnight.
-The ice will help the can keep its shape and prevent denting as you’re hammering.
3. Tape pattern to can and place it on a towel.
-Towel keeps can in place and soaks up any melting ice
4. Hammer the holes.
-Take a thin nail and start hammering holes along your pattern.
-If your ice starts to melt, just pop it back into the freezer.
-You could also drill the holes if you’d like.
5. Melt ice and spray paint.
6. Put a votive inside, and voila! Utensil Holder
Turn old coffee cans into a gorgeous utensil holder! They’re perfect if you’re entertaining with a buffet-style meal. What You Need:
Hot Glue GunHow to Make It:
1. Remove the wrapping from the can.
2. Glue some craft or wrapping paper with hot glue gun. You could even use any fabric you have lying around.
3. Then just wrap up your utensils in cloth napkins and place them inside! Your guests will be very impressed and it will keep all your silverware organized.