There's nothing more fun than a pinata. Make one for your Easter party this weekend!
What You Need:
Orange construction paper
Yellow and White tissue paper (2 packages of each)
Candy to fill pinata
How to Make It:
1. Paper Mache Prep
- Combine 1 part flour with 1 part water. Add salt and whisk until smooth.
- Inflate balloon and tape down knot. Rest balloon on empty jar or bowl.
- Cut newspaper into strips.
(NOTE: Salt prevents mold – in case you need to make pinata ahead of time.)
2. Paper Mache Balloon
- Dip newspaper strips into paper mache mixture.
- Cover balloon with 3 to 4 layers of paper mache.
- Squeeze excess mixture off and lay strips over balloon, smoothing as you work.
(NOTE: The balloon acts as a form for the pinata. Squeeze excess mixture off newspaper strip and lay on balloon – smoothing as you work – helps for a lump-free pinata.)
3. Tissue Paper Design
- Attach tissue paper strips to pinata with craft glue.
(NOTE: Use regular white glue to stick tissue paper onto pinata body
Allow newspaper to completely dry, then pop balloon.)
4. Finish Up
- Attach accessories and fill.
- Using orange construction paper cut out beak and feet, then attach to pinata.
- Fill pinata with Easter candy.