Seasonal Fruit Salad with Yogurt Sauce
2 Seasonal Fruit Salad with Yogurt Sauce
- 1 Ruby Red Grapefruit
- 1 Orange
- 1 Mandarin
- 1 Banana
- 1 Pear
- 1 Apple (not red delicious)
- 1 cup Berries (Raspberry, Blueberry, Strawberry)
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons real Vanilla
- Orange Zest (to taste)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Sweetener
- Stir the Yogurt with 1-teaspoon real Vanilla, 1-teaspoon Sweetener, and a large pinch of Orange Zest together in a small bowl. Taste and adjust flavors as needed. Let it sit. This sauce can be made a head of serving, just cover and refrigerate.
- Peel the citrus fruit by hand or cut the tops and bottoms of the Grapefruit, Mandarin & Orange. Stand them up on a cutting board and cut off the skin and the white pith right down to the fruit. Cut the Grapefruit /Orange segments free breaking them into bit size pieces and, letting them drop right into the bowl. Squeeze the juice from what’s left of the fruit into the bowl. This will stop the rest of the fruit from turning brown.
- Cut the Pear /Apple into quarters and cut out the core and seeds. Cut the Apple/Pear into chunks and add them to the bowl. Peel and slice the Banana and toss them with the other fruit toss in the Berries as well.
- Spoon the fruit into 6 small glass bowls and top with 2 teaspoons of the Yogurt sauce on each of the fruit bowls.