This is a dish that Michael serves his family all the time, and now you can serve it to yours.
Angel Hair Caprese
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 3 tomatoes (cubed)
- 1 bunch basil (torn)
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella (cubed)
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil.
- Drop the angel hair into the water and cook for 1 minute less than package instructions.
- In a saute pan add 1/4 cup of olive oil and garlic. Saute over low heat until garlic becomes fragrant (being careful not to let it brown).
- Add the cooked pasta to the olive oil and garlic with a little pasta water.
- Combine the tomato, basil, and mozzarella in a large bowl. Season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add the pasta, along with garlic olive oil, and toss.
- In a small saute pan toast breadcrumbs with olive oil, parsley and parmesan.
- Garnish pasta with breadcrumbs and basil.
Similar categories: Ingredients Pasta Angel Hair Pasta Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Cuisine Vegetarian Italian