For this installment of Michael's five in five he created a delicious and simple angel hair pasta dish.
Angel Hair Pasta with Pancetta and Broccoli
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 4 ounces pancetta (diced)
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound broccoli
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop pasta into boiling water. Cook according to package instructions.
- Add pancetta and 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat. Saute until the pancetta has browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and pine nuts to pan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Push contents of the pan to one side and add another tablespoon of olive oil and the sliced garlic. Toast the garlic for one minute.
- Ladle in 1-2 spoonfuls of the pasta water to the pan and mix to incorporate. Add the cooked pasta to the pan and season with chili flakes. Add another drizzle of olive oil to the pan and toss to coat.
- Top with parmesan and serve.
- Tip: Use frozen, thawed, chopped broccoli as a time-saver.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Pasta Broccoli Angel Hair Pasta Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Cuisine Italian