Anchovies act as a secret ingredient in this dish, delivering maximum flavor without your kids even knowing they're there.
Angel Hair with Zucchini and Mint
- 1 pound Angel Hair Pasta
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil plus more for drizzling
- 3 Anchovies (minced)
- 1 cup Zucchini (julienne)
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Mint (torn)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Add your pasta to the water and occasionally give it a stir so it doesn’t stick together.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. Add the anchovies to the pan and cook, stirring, until the anchovies melt into the oil. Add the zucchini and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes and season with red pepper flakes. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water and add both to the pan, seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Finish cooking the pasta for an additional 1 to 2 minutes then finish with parmesan, tomatoes and mint and give it a taste, adding additional seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the pasta on a large platter or individual plates and drizzle the top with a good amount of olive oil.
1. If you’re trying to keep it healthy, then replace more of the pasta with thinly sliced zucchini. You can use other vegetables in place of the zucchini, such as yellow squash or eggplant. You can also replace the mint with other herbs like tarragon, if you prefer.