Anchovies act as a secret ingredient in this dish, delivering maximum flavor without your kids even knowing they're there.
Angel Hair with Zucchini and Mint
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 3 anchovies (minced)
- 1 cup zucchini (thinly sliced into matchsticks)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup mint (torn)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Add your pasta to the water and occasionally give it a stir so it doesn’t stick together.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the anchovies to the pan and cook, stirring, until the anchovies melt into the oil.Add the zucchini and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes and season with red pepper flakes.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Add to the cooked pasta and some of the pasta water to the pan, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Finish cooking the pasta for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the grated Parmesan, tomatoes and mint and give it a taste, adding additional seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the pasta on a large platter or individual plates and drizzle the top with a good amount of olive oil.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Zucchini Pasta Angel Hair Pasta Courses & Meals Dinner Pizza & Pasta Cuisine Vegetarian Italian