A tasty way to celebrate the season!
Clinton Kelly's Apple Cranberry Cobbler
- For the Cobbler Filling:
- 5 granny smith apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- generous pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons butter
For the Cobbler Topping:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 pinches of salt
- For the Cobbler Filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss together all ingredients for the cobbler filling.
- For the Cobbler Topping: In a separate bowl, whisk together the topping ingredients.
- Put the butter in the pie dish and place in oven until melted. Remove dish from the oven and fill with the fruit mixture. Pour cobbler topping over the fruit.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until the juices are bubbling and the cobbler is golden. Tent with foil if the cobbler is getting to brown.