So delicious you won't want to share.
Clinton Kelly's Mini Apple Pies
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 5 Granny Smith Apples (peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes)
- Juice and zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/8 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package Pie Dough
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, heat the butter until it foams and subsides, then add the apples, cinnamon, sugar, lemon juice and zest, and flour, cooking until apples have broken down and softened. Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pie dough. Using a floured cookie cutter, cut out rounds of the dough. Spoon in 2 tablespoons of apple mixture. Fold into a half moon and crimp the dough closed.
- Preheat oil to 375F.
- Drop mini pies into oil, cooking until pies are golden brown. Transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain and cool before serving.