Kale and Chard Salad
Archi's Acres Kale Hero Salad
- Kale Salad:
- 2 bunches of "Dino" Kale
- 2 bunches of "Red Chard"
- 1/2 cup Almonds (toasted and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 Fuji Apples (cored and cut into 1/4-inch cubes)
- 1 Papaya (quartered; seeds removed and roughly chopped)
- 8 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 2- inch piece of Ginger Root (peeled and minced)
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- For the Salad: Roll the kale crosswise. Slice down the center lengthwise and then slice the leaves thinly. Repeat the same process with the red chard.
- For the Kale Hero Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger and balsamic. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Toss the kale and red chard with the dressing in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Serve.
- Helpful Tips:
1. Get creative! Use any type of nuts and cheese in this recipe!
2. When making this vinaigrette, add the balsamic vinegar to the chopped ginger and garlic to allow the vinegar to be absorbed before adding the oil.