Tuscan Pork Roast
Mario Batali's Arista Toscana
- 1 3- pound Pork Loin
- 3 cloves Garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 large Onion (roughly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Fennel Pollen
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Take a paring knife and cut shallow 1/2-inch slits all over the loin, and then slip a slice of garlic in each slit.
- Scatter the onion in the bottom of the roasting pan and season with salt. Season the pork with fennel pollen, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Smear with your hands to make sure it's evenly coated.
- Place the pork loin in a roasting pan on top of the onions and cook in the oven until a thermometer reads 145 degrees F, or about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Slice and prepare in to-go boxes or on a platter. Garnish with peperoncini.