Spicy Tomato Rice
- step-by-step directions
- 2 plum tomatoes (cored)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup minced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 serrano chile
- 1 sprig cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Using a box grater, grate the tomato into a medium bowl.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a heavy skillet. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice and cook until slightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Add grated tomato, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Add the serrano, cilantro, and salt. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and keep covered for 8 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork, transfer to bowl, and serve.
Lemon Champagne Float
Crispy Everything Bagel Baked Ravioli
Pork Chop Milanese with Peach and Potato Salad
Cornmeal Apple Crumble Skillet
Camp Stew (Budae Jiggae)
Salmon with Chimichurri Sauce and Cauliflower Mash
Pork and Beef Meatballs
Savory Rye French Toast with Corned Beef Hash and Cheddar Onion Butter
Paella with Chorizo, Shrimp, Calamari, Mussels, Green Peas, and Curry Butter