Spicy Tomato Rice
- step-by-step directions
- 2 plum tomatoes (cored)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup minced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 serrano chile
- 1 sprig cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Using a box grater, grate the tomato into a medium bowl.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a heavy skillet. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice and cook until slightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Add grated tomato, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Add the serrano, cilantro, and salt. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and keep covered for 8 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork, transfer to bowl, and serve.
Cream Cheese-Stuffed Sweet Buns
Pork Burgers with Grilled Peaches, Bacon & Blue Cheese
Cracklin' Mozzarella Sticks with Tomato Basil Salad
Peach Cobbler with Raspberry Coulis
Havarti and Horseradish Stovetop Mac and Cheese
Spicy Honey Dijon Coleslaw
Spice-Rubbed Smoked Chicken
Grilled Lamb Chops and Plums with Mint Pesto
Red Velvet Cannoli Cake
Grilled Soy Chicken Thighs with Honeydew Relish
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs
Banana Split Ice Cream Cupcake Bar