This dish is a favorite of Donna's family and a favorite of The Chew family. Try it for yourself.
- 3 1/2-4 pound chicken legs and thighs
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (halved)
- 1 medium onion (cut into chunks - to match the artichokes)
- 1 pound white button mushrooms (halved or quartered)
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place chicken, skin side up, in a baking pan. Distribute onion, artichoke and mushrooms over the top. Combine olive oil, mustard, red wine, red wine vinegar, garlic, dried spices, salt and pepper and pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 350º for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 1/2 hour.