This dish is a favorite of Donna's family and a favorite of The Chew family. Try it for yourself.
- step-by-step directions
- 3 1/2-4 pound chicken legs and thighs
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (halved)
- 1 medium onion (cut into chunks - to match the artichokes)
- 1 pound white button mushrooms (halved or quartered)
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place chicken, skin side up, in a baking pan. Distribute artichoke hearts, onion and mushrooms over the top. In a small mixing bowl, combine mustard, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, wine, dried spices, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 1/2 hour.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal