This dish is a favorite of Donna's family and a favorite of The Chew family. Try it for yourself.
- step-by-step directions
- 3 1/2-4 pound chicken legs and thighs
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (halved)
- 1 medium onion (cut into chunks - to match the artichokes)
- 1 pound white button mushrooms (halved or quartered)
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place chicken, skin side up, in a baking pan. Distribute artichoke hearts, onion and mushrooms over the top. In a small mixing bowl, combine mustard, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, wine, dried spices, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 1/2 hour.
Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers with Feta Bechamel
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) with Chicken
Orecchiette with Sweet Sausage and Rapini
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto
Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Pizza
Bacon and Cheddar Pierogies
Spring Chicken Stew
Veggie Fried Rice with Oyster Mushrooms
Salmon Burger with Dill and Cucumber