A lemon vinaigrette made with good olive oil dresses up simple greens.
Arugula with Parmesan
- 1/2 pound fresh Arugula (3 large bunches)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound chunk very good Parmesan cheese
- If the arugula has roots attached, cut them off. Fill the sink with cold water and toss the arugula for a few minutes to clean. Spin-dry the leaves and place them in a large bowl.
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour enough dressing on the arugula to moisten. Toss well and place the salad on individual plates.
- With a very sharp knife or a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan into large shards and arrange them on the arugula.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Dinner Quick & Easy Lunch Lunch Salads Cuisine Vegetarian Other Salads