You can also serve this grilled peach salsa on chicken, fish, or beef.
Asian Enchilada with Grilled Peach Salsa
- For the Enchiladas:
- 4 10- inch Flour Tortillas
- 20 Large Shrimp (peeled and deveined; tails removed)
- 8 ounces Red Quinoa (cooked in vegetable broth)
- 4 tablespoons Salted Butter (divided)
- 1 large Sweet Onion
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 7 ounces Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 bunch Scallions (chopped)
- 9 .4-ounce bottle of Hoisin Glaze (Kikkoman brand preferred)
- crushed Peanuts for garnish
- For the Salsa: For the Salsa: Cilantro for garnish(chopped) For the Salsa:
- 4 fresh but firm Peaches (pitted and halved)
- 1/2 small Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 3- inch Jalapeno Pepper (seeds removed and finely chopped)
- 1 Lime (juice and zest)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground Pepper to taste
- For the Salsa: Spray grill pan with cooking spray. Grill peach halves 2 to 3 minutes on both sides, peaches should still be firm. Cool and chop. Add remaining ingredients. Mix and set aside.
- For the Enchiladas: Cook quinoa according to directions. Replace water with vegetable broth (preferably cook in rice cooker).
- Slice onions and sauté in 2 tablespoons of butter for 20 to 25 minutes. Add the brown sugar, and stir until dissolved.
- Sauté shiitake mushrooms for 3 minutes in 2 tablespoons of butter until browned. Spray non-stick pan with cooking spray once. Heat pan on high and warm 4 tortillas for 15 seconds per side, careful not to burn. Set aside.
- Heat grill pan. Spray with cooking spray. Baste shrimp with hoisin sauce and grill 2 to 3 minutes, flip and baste again for 2 to 3 minutes, until cooked. Let cool, then chop into bite sized pieces.
- Place a tortilla on cutting board, add 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa, grilled chopped shrimp, caramelized onions, mushrooms and scallions. Roll and tuck ends in, burrito style. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray and repeat with remaining 3 tortillas. Brush tops and sides of enchiladas with hoisin sauce. Broil for 1 minute. Cut in half on bias. Garnish with crushed peanuts and cilantro. Serve with salsa.