This Asian-inspired dish from audience member Sharon Laraway will have you saying "bye bye" to Thai take-out!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 Thai chili (chopped & seeded)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 zucchini (peeled & sliced lengthwise)
- 5 oz Soba noodles
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 4 leaves Thai basil (chiffonade)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add olive oil to pan set on medium heat. Add onions and cook till translucent and fragrant about 6 minutes. Add garlic, Thai chili, carrot, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, ginger, soy sauce & chicken stock. Simmer on medium for about 4 minutes.
- Lower heat to low and stir in peanut butter until completely combined and smooth.
- Add zucchini and pasta and stir together till warm, about two minutes.
- Plate and garnish with two lime wedges, sesame seeds (optional), and thai basil. Serve immediately.
Peach and Sriracha Chicken Over Coconut Rice
Quinoa and Shrimp Medley
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Roasted Carrots and Chickpeas with Feta Vinaigrette
Lemon Chicken with Charred Pea Salad
Rhubarb Filled Pound Cake
Asparagus Vichyssoise with Shrimp Salad
German Potato Salad
Spicy Turkey Lime Soup
Korean BBQ Tacos
Polenta Souffle with Pecorino and Black Pepper