This Asian-inspired dish from audience member Sharon Laraway will have you saying "bye bye" to Thai take-out!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 Thai chili (chopped & seeded)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 zucchini (peeled & sliced lengthwise)
- 5 oz Soba noodles
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 4 leaves Thai basil (chiffonade)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add olive oil to pan set on medium heat. Add onions and cook till translucent and fragrant about 6 minutes. Add garlic, Thai chili, carrot, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, ginger, soy sauce & chicken stock. Simmer on medium for about 4 minutes.
- Lower heat to low and stir in peanut butter until completely combined and smooth.
- Add zucchini and pasta and stir together till warm, about two minutes.
- Plate and garnish with two lime wedges, sesame seeds (optional), and thai basil. Serve immediately.
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat
Waffle Pies with Herbed Eggs
Chai Tea Oatmeal