Asparagus with Egg
- step-by-step directions
- 2 bunches asparagus (woody ends trimmed)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 5 large eggs
- Parmigiano-Reggiano (shaved, to serve)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Toss the asparagus in 3 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 3 minutes per side, the asparagus should be bright green and charred in spots.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the butter and gently fry the eggs until just set, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Divide the asparagus among the plates, and top each with an egg. Shave Parmigiano-Reggiano on each serving. Grate the zest over the plates and squeeze lemon juice over each serving. Season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper.
Peppermint Chocolate Torte
Fried Meatballs Stuffed with Mozzarella
Gingerbread Man Cookie Sandwiches
Perfectly Spiced Roast Chicken
Classic Holiday Brisket
5 Ingredient Crinkle Cookies
Polenta with Sausage Ragu and Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Pork Shoulder in Banana Leaf
Holiday Gingerbread Cookie