Asparagus with Egg
- 2 bunches asparagus (woody ends trimmed)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 5 large eggs
- Parmigiano-Reggiano (shaved, to serve)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Toss the asparagus in 3 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 3 minutes per side, the asparagus should be bright green and charred in spots.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the butter and gently fry the eggs until just set, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Divide the asparagus among the plates, and top each with an egg. Shave Parmigiano-Reggiano on each serving. Grate the zest over the plates and squeeze lemon juice over each serving. Season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper.