Asparagus with Egg
- step-by-step directions
- 2 bunches asparagus (woody ends trimmed)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 5 large eggs
- Parmigiano-Reggiano (shaved, to serve)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Toss the asparagus in 3 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 3 minutes per side, the asparagus should be bright green and charred in spots.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the butter and gently fry the eggs until just set, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Divide the asparagus among the plates, and top each with an egg. Shave Parmigiano-Reggiano on each serving. Grate the zest over the plates and squeeze lemon juice over each serving. Season with salt and coarsely ground black pepper.
rate this recipe
Charred Broccoli Salad
BBQ Ranch Chicken Pull-Apart Sliders
Garlic Parmesan Ranch Chicken with Potatoes
Seaside Crab Dip
Toasted Almond Bons
Chopped Cheese Sandwich
Sweet and Spicy Lemonade Grilled Chicken
Cherry Pink Lemonade
Dutch-Oven Peach Cobbler