Enjoy this tasty cocktail!
- For the Wassail Batch:
- 1 quart Organic Apple Cider
- 1 pint Pomegranate Juice (Non sweetened and Not from concentrate)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- ¾ cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Whole Allspice
For the Cocktail:
- 1 ½ ounces (45ml) Louis Royer VSOP "Force 53" Cognac
- ½ ounces (15ml) "Santa Teresa 1796" Rum
- 4 ounces (120m) Wassail Batch if serving hot or 3 oz (90ml) Wassail Batch if serving cold
- Apple Slices and Cranberries to garnish
- For the Wassail Batch: Combine all ingredients into a pot and simmer over medium -low heat for at least 1 hour or until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- For the Cocktail: If you want this drink hot measure spirit into toddy glass then top with 4 ounces Hot Wassail batch. Or if you want it cold then measure the spirit and 3 oz of cooled Wassail batch into a mixing glass then add ice. Cap shaker and shake vigorously. Uncap shaker and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.