Even creme brulee purists are going to love this take on the classic dessert. It's tasty, fun and easy to make!
Avocado Creme Brulee
- 5 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 10 Egg Yolks
- 2 Avocados
- 2 teaspoons Raw sugar
- In medium saucepan, add 4 cups whipping cream and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Warm but don't boil. When bubbles form around the edges, remove from stove.
- Slice avocados and remove meat. Mix with sugar and blend with hand mixer until creamy. Add 1 cup whipping cream to avocado mix. Mix with hand blender and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add egg yolks and remaining cup of sugar. Blend with hand mixer until creamy. Combine egg and sugar, and blend with the warm cream mixture. Use hand mixer to blend. Then add cream egg and sugar mixture with avocado mixture. Blend with hand mixer until creamy.
- Ladle into oven-safe creme brulee dishes.
- Place serving dishes on baking sheet. Add water to sheet (6 cups). Cook at 350 for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, add sugar and torch top evenly.
Similar categories: Ingredients Vegetables Courses & Meals Desserts Custards, Puddings, & Mousses Cuisine French