Michael Symon loves meat, so it's not surprising he came up with the recipe for this delicious BBQ brisket.
- 4 Lb Brisket
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Bottle IPA or Wheat Craft Beer
- 2 Tablespoon Cumin Seeds (toasted and crushed)
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds (toasted and crushed)
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
- 2 Tablespoons Adobo Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For the Slaw:
- 1/2 head Red Cabbage
- 1/2 clove Garlic
- 1/2 small Red Onion
- 1/2 Jalapeno (minced)
- 3 Tablespoon Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon ShaSha Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 package Soft Buns
- Ball park mustard
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season the brisket on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a dutch oven to high heat, add olive oil, and sear brisket on all sides. Reduce the heat to medium, and remove brisket. Add onions, garlic, cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Add the chicken stock, beer, and chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. Place the brisket back into the pan. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Cover and place in oven.
- Roast for 3 hours or until fork tender.
- Prepare the slaw: In a medium bowl, mix together the cabbage, garlic, onion, jalapeno, vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce and ShaSha Sauce. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Pile the pulled pork onto soft buns and top with slaw, some sweet pickles, mustard, cilantro and enjoy.