Michael Symon loves meat, so it's not surprising he came up with the recipe for this delicious BBQ brisket.
- 1 beef brisket (about 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (sliced) 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds (toasted and crushed)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds (toasted and crushed)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 bottles beer (IPA or wheat craft beer)
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (plus 2 tablespoons Adobo sauce)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 head red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 small red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 jalapeno (minced)
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons ugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ShaSha Sauce
- 1 package hamburger buns (such as brioche)
- spicy brown mustard
- fresh cilantro
- For the Brisket: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously season the brisket on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over high heat. Add olive oil and sear brisket on both sides until browned. Remove brisket to a cutting board and set aside. Reduce the heat to medium, and add the onions, garlic, cumin and coriander. Add the chicken stock, beer, and chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Place the brisket back into the pan and bring to a boil. Cover and turn off the heat. Place in oven to roast for 3 hours, or until fork tender.
- For the Slaw: In a large bowl, add the cabbage, garlic, onion, jalapeno, vinegar, mustards, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce and ShaSha Sauce, and mix to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To Serve: Pile the pulled pork onto soft buns and top with slaw, a few sweet pickles, mustard and cilantro.