- step-by-step directions
- 1 jalapeno (sliced into rings)
- 1 Tsp coriander seeds (toasted)
- 1 Tsp hot smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and smashed)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (bone-in, skin-on)
- 1 Cup Cleveland BBQ sauceor your favorite store-bought sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- For the Marinade: Combine the jalapenos, spices, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to evenly coat. Transfer chicken and marinade to a zip-top bag or cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for four hours or up to overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high heat and brush the grates with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Discard the remaining marinade. Place the chicken on the grill, skin-side-down, close the grill, and cook for 7-8 minutes. Flip the chicken, close the grill, and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes. In the last 2 minutes of cooking, brush the chicken with BBQ sauce. Continue basting until the sauce gets sticky and slightly charred and the internal temperature of the chicken is 160ºF.
- Helpful Tips:
1. If you don’t have a wood chip grill, then soak wood chips overnight. When you’re ready to grill, wrap the chips in aluminum foil, poke holes in the foil, put them on the grill with your food and close lid. This will fill your grill with smoke and give your meat the authentic smoky BBQ flavor.
2. Use bone-in, skin-on chicken for ultimate tenderness and flavor.
Cannelloni al Forno
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Rock Shrimp and Egg Sandwich
Apple Tarte Tatin
Buttermilk Semifreddo with Candied Peaches
Cast-Iron Blueberry Cobbler
Green Chicken Enchiladas
Savory Breakfast Cauliflower Bake
Sausage Gravy and Bacon Biscuits
Italian Egg Boat