- 4 Chicken Breasts (bone in; skin on)
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Cleveland BBQ sauce or your favorite sauce
For the Marinade:
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced into rings)
- 1 teaspoon toasted Coriander Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Hot Smoked Paprika
- 2 Garlic cloves (peeled and smashed)
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the Marinade: A day ahead of time, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Season the marinade with salt and pepper then add all of your chicken. Toss to evenly coat all of the chicken then pour everything in to a gallon sized zip top bag and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove the chicken from the marinade and let the chill come off of it, about 30 minutes. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Discard the remaining marinade.
- In the meantime preheat your grill to medium high heat and brush the grates with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Place the chicken on the grill, skin side down, and cook for 7 to 8 minutes with the lid down. Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 7 to 8 minutes with the lid down.
- When the chicken is almost cooked through, start brushing it with the BBQ sauce, continuing to baste until the sauce gets sticky and slightly charred. Continue to baste for 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is 160 degrees internally. Serve with your favorite Summer time accompaniments.