A touch of sugar will help the meat caramelize as it sears.
BBQ Lamb Chops
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 sprigs mint (chopped)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (chopped)
- 12 lamb rib chops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large casserole dish, add the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, mint and rosemary, and whisk to combine. Add the lamb chops and toss to thoroughly coat in the marinade. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, and up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Shake excess marinade off of the lamb chops and season with salt and pepper. Place seasoned chops on the grill in an even layer.Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, flipping once, until charred on the outside and medium on the inside. Transfer lamb chops to a serving platter and season with salt.
- Helpful Tip: It’s important to have caramelization on the outside of the lamb chops, because the lamb will turn gray when it’s cooked.