Grown-Up Grilled Cheese
Michael Symon's Bacon, Blue Cheese, and Pear Grilled Cheese
- 1 pound thick sliced Bacon
- 8 slices Brioche or Pullman Loaf
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola Dolce (chunked)
- 2 ripe Pears (sliced)
- 2 ounces Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons good Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Butter (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay out your bacon on a sheet tray in an even layer and cook for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Preheat a griddle pan over medium heat. In a bowl, mix together the balsamic vinegar and butter.
- To build your sandwiches, lay out four pieces of bread and top with bacon, an even layer of blue cheese, 4 to 5 slices of pear and a handful of spinach. Top with the other piece of bread and set aside.
- When griddle is hot, spread the balsamic butter on the outside of the slices of bread, and griddle the sandwiches. Top with a brick, and cook until golden brown on one side and the cheese starts to melt. Flip and continue to cook on the other side until golden brown. Remove to a plate and slice in half diagonally.
- Helpful Tips:
- 1. You can use either white bread or brioche for this grilled cheese.
2. If you don’t like blue cheese, you may like Gorganzola Dolce, which is sweeter and more mild.
3. Cook grilled cheese sandwiches on low so the bread doesn’t burn.
Similar categories: Lunch