What could make chicken wings better? Bacon! Try this tasty recipe!
Bacon Bourbon Wings
- 24 chicken wings
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2-3/4 cup bourbon
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- 12 slices of bacon
- Fry wings in 360-370ºF peanut oil until they are just about done, about 5-6 minutes. Cut bacon slices in half.
- Remove wings from fryer and allow to cool slightly. Wrap them with bacon, using a toothpick to hold the bacon in place. Put the wings back in the fryer until they are done, about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, garlic, horseradish, ginger, soy sauce, bourbon, ketchup and hot sauce. Cook for 10 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Take the wings out of the fryer and drench them in the sauce.
Similar categories: Ingredients Chicken & Poultry Chicken Wings Courses & Meals Dinner Chicken Lunch