- step-by-step directions
- Bacon Doughnuts:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 35 grams melted butter (not hot)
- 20 grams melted bacon fat (not hot)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
Dulce de Leche:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- For the Doughnuts: Mix ingredients until smooth, but don't overwork dough.
- Lightly flour cutting board & the top of the dough. Flatten dough with floured hands until 1/2 inch thick
Cut out dough using a 2 inch ring mold & place on lightly floured parchment lined baking sheet. Let rest in fridge for 30 minutes covered with plastic wrap
- To fry, cut doughnuts in half and proof for 2 minutes per side until dough feels soft and light to the touch in a warm spot. Fry for about 1 minute on first side and flip when dough is golden on bottom and has slightly "puffed." Cook for about another 45 seconds until golden on the other side.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar, top with dulce de leche glaze & sprinkle with "bacon flakes."
- For the Dulce de Leche: Make 2 small holes in top of can with can opener. Place can in a small pot and fill about 2/3 up the can with water. Lightly simmer can for 3 hours adding water as necessary.
- Remove contents from can when cooked and thin by whisking with water - about 1/2 cup - glaze should be the consistency of chocolate syrup.
- For the Cinnamon Sugar: Combine cinnamon and sugar. Whisk until uniform.
- For the Bacon Flake: Cut bacon into 1/4 inch strips and saute with oil in nonstick pan. Stir frequently to evenly cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until bacon is crisped. Drain bacon over sieve or other strainer for 15 minutes to remove as much fat as possible.
- When cooled, mince bacon as fine as possible until the consistency of flaked sea salt or fine bacon bits
Bruschetta with Ricotta and Pepita Gremolata
Fresh Veggie Frittata
Skirt Steak with Ginger Gold Apples
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Sauteed Peppers
Oven Roasted Salmon with Purple Cauliflower Puree and a Buttermilk Dill Slaw
Chicken Scallopini with Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Skordalia and Roasted Beets
Pesto Chicken Cauliflower Bowl
Fluke with Brown Butter and Lemon Sauce
Peach Slab Pie