We've all had it -- the midnight munchies. This sandwich is a great remedy for those cravings. It's easy to make and it thoroughly satisfies.
Bacon, Egg, and Spring Onion Sandwich
- 12 pieces bacon
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 spring onions
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 12 leaves fresh basil
- mayonnaise to taste
- mustard to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Grill the bacon until crisp and set aside. Grill the bread until golden and toasted, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the spring onions in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill onions until bright and charred in spots.
- In a nonstick pan, add butter and place over medium heat. Once melted, fry each of the eggs. Baste egg with butter while cooking.
- Assemble each of the sandwiches with 3 slices of bacon, two of the onions, a fried egg and 3 leaves of basil. Spread desired amount of mayonnaise and mustard on each.