We've all had it -- the midnight munchies. This sandwich is a great remedy for those cravings. It's easy to make and it thoroughly satisfies.
Bacon, Egg, and Spring Onion Sandwich
- 12 pieces Bacon
- 8 Spring Onions
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 12 Leaves Fresh Basil
- 4 Eggs
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Mustard to taste
- 8 Slices Sourdough Bread
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the bacon until crisp and the bread until golden and toasted.
- Toss the onions in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper and grill until bright and charred in spots.
- In a non-stick pan, add butter and once melted fry each of the eggs. Baste egg with butter while cooking.
- Assemble each of the sandwiches with 3 slices of bacon, two of the onions, a fried egg and 3 leaves of basil. Spread desired amount of mayonnaise and mustard on each.