This dish comes together in minutes and tastes amazing! Plus, it's so versatile you can make at a dinner party or a family meal. Enjoy.
Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Shrimp with Dijon Butter Sauce
- For the Shrimp:
- 1 pound Jumbo Shrimp (cleaned and shelled)
- 8 slices Good Quality Bacon
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil
- For the Dijon Beurre-Blanc:
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 3 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Shallot (finely minced)
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (cold and cut into pats)
- For the Shrimp: Preheat a grillpan to medium-high. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut each slice of bacon into two halves, and arrange on a sheet tray. Bake at 350F for about 5 minutes, until par-cooked, and still pliable.
- Lightly brush olive oil over the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully wrap a piece of bacon around each of the shrimp and secure with a toothpick. Grill the shrimp for about 4 minutes per side, until bacon is crisp and the shrimp have cooked through.
- For the Dijon Beurre-Blanc: Combine the wine, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard and shallot and bring to a boil, lower the heat and then reduce by half, about two minutes.
- Reduce the heat by low, and then begin to add the butter by continuously whisking the liquid and adding the butter one pat at a time, not adding the next until the previous is completely melted.
- Remove shrimp from heat and serve with Dijon Butter Sauce.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fish & Seafood Shrimp Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Seafood Appetizers Dinner Lunch Techniques BBQ & Grilling Other Side Dishes