New York is known for it's dirty water hot dogs and it's bagels. Jackie found a way to enjoy both at the same time with a Bagel-Dog!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 flagel (flat bagel) or bagel
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 or 2 hot dogs (grilled)
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- Olive oil
- For the Spicy Mayo:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- For the Bagel-Dog: Cut flagel in half lengthwise. If using a regular bagel, scoop out bread from each half.
- Sauté onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Grill hot dogs until slightly charred and cut them in half widthwise and lengthwise.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on bottom half of flagel. Place hot dog pieces on top of cheese to make a single layer, followed by avocado slices, onions, and another cheese slice.
- For the Spicy Mayo: Mix together the mayo and sriracha and spread over the other half of flagel. Place flagel halves together to form a sandwich.
- Place on skillet preheated to medium-high with foil-covered brick on top to flatten panini. Flip after 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.