New York is known for it's dirty water hot dogs and it's bagels. Jackie found a way to enjoy both at the same time with a Bagel-Dog!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 flagel (flat bagel) or bagel
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 or 2 hot dogs (grilled)
- 2 slices Muenster cheese
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- Olive oil
- For the Spicy Mayo:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- For the Bagel-Dog: Cut flagel in half lengthwise. If using a regular bagel, scoop out bread from each half.
- Sauté onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Grill hot dogs until slightly charred and cut them in half widthwise and lengthwise.
- Place 1 slice of cheese on bottom half of flagel. Place hot dog pieces on top of cheese to make a single layer, followed by avocado slices, onions, and another cheese slice.
- For the Spicy Mayo: Mix together the mayo and sriracha and spread over the other half of flagel. Place flagel halves together to form a sandwich.
- Place on skillet preheated to medium-high with foil-covered brick on top to flatten panini. Flip after 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
rate this recipe
Cheesy Garlic Donuts
Red Wine Salted Popcorn
Chocolate Baseball Extravaganza
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce
Fried Peach Hand-Pies
Taco Grilled Cheese
Lemon Tendercake with Blueberry Compote
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
Jam & Gin
Bacon and Ramp Scrambled Eggs