Braised Chicken Thighs
Marcela Valladolid's Baja Style Braised Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 White Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup Marsala Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup Capers (drained)
- 1 cup mixed Olives (pitted)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Arroz Rojo to serve
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high until hot but not smoking and brown chicken, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer browned chicken to plate. Discard fat from skillet, leaving about 2 teaspoons.
- Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Return chicken to pan and add olives and capers. Simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plates; top with sauce and serve with Arroz Rojo.