Spinach Salad with Shrimp and Mushrooms
Balsamic Marinated Portobello Mushrooms with Shrimp and Spinach
- 3/4 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic (2 smashed, 2 thinly sliced)
- 5 portobello mushrooms (cleaned and ribs scraped)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1/3 cup chives (finely chopped)
- honey mustard (to serve)
- lemon wedges (to serve)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey and smashed garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Put the portobello mushrooms in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the mushrooms. Marinade for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place a grill over medium-high heat. Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and reserve the marinade. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Place on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the mushrooms are tender. Once cooked, transfer to a serving platter.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add in the sliced garlic and raisins and saute for about 1 minute. Add the chili flake.
- Toss in the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat in the garlic and raisin mixture. After about 2 minutes of cooking, when the shrimp is just turning pink, deglaze with about 1/4 cup of the marinade. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and after about 30 seconds, pour on top of the plated portobellos.
- Garnish with the chopped chives and serve with honey mustard and lemon wedges.