Made with frozen bananas and almond butter, this sweet treat is a better-for-you after dinner sweet.
Banana Almond Gelato
- 4 bananas (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1/2 cup hazelnut-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 pinch salt
- sliced almonds (to serve)
- amaretti cookies (crushed, to serve)
- Add the banana chunk to a zip-top bag. Seal the bag and place in the freezer until completely frozen.
- In a blender, add the frozen bananas, hazelnut liqueur, almond butter and a generous pinch of salt. Blend until completely smooth, about 2 minutes. Use the tamper to press the banana into the blades until everything is well combined and is the consistency of gelato.
- Scoop gelato into bowls and serve with a sprinkle of almonds and amaretti cookies.
Similar categories: Ingredients Fruit Bananas Courses & Meals Desserts Frozen Desserts Holidays & Occasions Valentine's Day Cuisine Italian