Banana Crumb Muffins
Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Malt Powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup Unrefined Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 extra ripe Bananas (mashed; about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup Blueberries
- pinch of Salt
For the Crumble Topping:
- 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Unrefined Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, malt powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the eggs until fully incorporated. Stir in the bananas. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until combined.
- Pour in the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and stir until incorporated. Gently fold in the blueberries. Distribute the batter evenly into the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the Crumble Topping over the batter and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the muffin and comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- For Crumble Topping: Combine the rolled oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Work the butter into the mixture with your hands or with a pastry blender.
- Helpful Tips:
1. You can use the same flavors and ingredients in a smoothie!
2. When your bananas start to brown, peel, cut, and freeze them for later use.
3. To ensure your muffins are the same size, use an ice cream scoop to put the batter in the pan.