Everyone has a favorite childhood dish and this one is Mario's. Try it for yourself.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4 bananas)
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chunks
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 16x12 sheet pan with butter.
- Using an electric mixer beat together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add the egg and continue to beat until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and bananas and continue to blend.
- In a separate mixing bowing combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until incorporate then stir in chocolate. Spread evenly in the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden brown and springs back when pressed gently with your finger. Cool completely, garnish with powdered sugar and slice.