Everyone has a favorite childhood dish and this one is Mario's. Try it for yourself.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3-4 bananas)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chunks
- powdered sugar (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 16"x12" baking sheet with butter.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla, egg and bananas and continue to blend.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to combine. Add the chocolate chunks and stir to combine. Spread evenly in the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely before slicing into bars. Garnish with powdered sugar.